Welcome and get ready for a fantastic race experience!
Welcome! Your fantastic race committee is busy fine tuning this event based on musher comments and suggestions (including improving the “angled” road crossing)! Some NEW information as of October 21, 2014:
- Bib numbers will be determined by a Bib Draw on December 31 by your race committee. Official bib numbers will be posted on the web and on Facebook.
- 8-dog Pro Class now has a LIMIT of thirty (30) teams. This is all our checkpoint at Barney’s Resort can handle at this time. So, sign up now to ensure your spot!
- Vet Checks start at 1:00 pm (not noon as in the past). This allows the high school students their full lunch break before we invade their commons area.
- All dog trucks must be parked in their designated parking space NO LATER than 9:00 a.m. race day. This is for the safety of the dogs, mushers, and spectators!
- Saturday, from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., there will be assorted soups and breads available for a small charge at Race Headquarters (Northome School). This will allow mushers and handlers ample time to eat an evening meal. The Trophy Class awards will be presented at the school at 6:00 p.m. Come eat and relax and enjoy the camaraderie.
- RULE CHANGE: 8-dog Pro Class at Barney’s Resort Checkpoint – you are allowed to have your handlers meet you there, take you to your layover area, watch the dogs when you need to be away from them, and get you and your team back to the restart line. NO OTHER HELP is allowed. Straw is being provided for the layover.
Voyageurs Classic Sled Dog Race